2015 Unlimited World Final Preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2015 Unlimited World Final Preview

Post  Dalags on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 am

To best view on mobile, load the Google link in a Browser, i.e. Chrome or Firefox: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p2ROa4XRS1KUkqoD0N24-Hp-GWTYRbUQeA1AtvOl5lE/

This will be the 12th running of the Thursday Night Bangers Unlimited World Final.
The World Qualifying system changed this year, rather than traditionally having 5 select meetings to score at, there has been 1 race to score every points meeting.
The idea was to make it so qualifying was fairer, and to reward those who race more. In the past you could do really well at 1 meeting and be in the World Final, which I didn't think was right.
It's been another interesting season, the majority of major titles this year have gone to either Lee or Ryano, with Hodgie and DannyG both taking 1 each. There's been some unexpected drivers returning to racing, and as always there's been some quality racing and crashing with plenty of new wars kicking off.
Numbers have been above average all year, with split heats being the norm at the majority of TNB's meetings which is encouraging.

Before we start with driver interviews, I'd like to say a massive thanks to everyone who's helped behind the scenes this year.
Snakie in particular never really receives much public credit for his work on TNB, but he's always there helping with results, points and DP issues - really appreciate it!
Cheers also to Lee for his work on TNB and assistance with this preview. Smithy and the baguette-eating-bilge-racing-superstar XTX for all their various bits of help they've provided throughout the year. And a big shoutout to anyone who's provided a server as well, Dode, Sam and Mushy all spring to mind.

Thanks to everyone who's raced so far this year, your support is always appreciated.
=======================================

740 Affro - Jamie Cox - 2014 TNB World Champion

Racing online since: 2008
Previous TNB World Finals: 3 (2012/13/14)
Best finish: 1st in 2014
WQ Points: 1
Current TNB titles: Unlimited World Champion
We begin the interviews with defending champion, a surprising but deserving winner of last years event.
I'd be very surprised if he managed to retain the title given his online appearances becoming more sparse lately, but he's certainly capable, winning 3 majors last year.

It's more likely Aff will be out for a crash, stopping certain drivers on opposite if need be. Involving himself in some on track wars with the Blue Crew lately, it's likely he'd be a target if he managed to get into a high up position, and I'm pretty sure Aff knows it!
Not shy of getting tooled up with some American machinery, Aff's raced plenty of Yanks online and would make an ideal wrecking tool to defend with. Winning in a Mk3 Cedric last year, opting for another would definitley indicate the desire for getting a few laps in.

How's your online racing season been on TNB and other leagues?
It's been ok, focused on crashing this year, haven't won't any titles just a couple of heats really.
What did you think of the new World Qualifying format - a WQ race a meeting rather than 5 rounds?
WQ's didn't bother me as I was already in lol
How do you think your race will go?
It'll be fucking savage
Predicted top 3?
Hopefully no one finishes, everyone gets heat and gets stuck in a pile.
Anything else you want to say?
Blue Crew suck ass

760 Ryano - Ryan Pike - World Qualifying Points Champion

Racing online since: 2007
Previous TNB World Finals: 7 (2008/09/10/11/12/13/14)
Best finish: 1st in 2009
WQ Points: 180
Current TNB titles: 2Litre World, PRI World, Fig 8 World, World Qualifying Points
Ryano's had a fairly standard year, 4 major TNB titles, but still not the coveted Euro! Having already won this event way back in 2009 and countless others, there are probably a lot more drivers on the grid who would be more fussed about winning this than Ryan would!
Needless to say, if he's going rodding you can bank on a top 5 position. Consistant all year as always, claiming the World Qualifying points, and giving Dode a run for his money in the National Points chase following closely behind.
Getting stopped by Affro has been a common theme in the past couple of months for Ryan; whether Aff will have bigger fish to fry in this one will play a big part if Ryan decides to go for a rod. Can't predict what car Ry will have, a Mk2 would be the conservative choice, but Merc's have started to become the rodding tool of choice lately. A Lincoln Limo would also not come as a surprise given his success in them!

My years been quiet meeting wise, I've chosen to do TNB every week and then do the odd meeting elsewhere, its just easier... As the year goes its been fairly successful, though i won the Fig8 WF by fluke/server issues, 2Ltr Wf in a pile of turd Maxi and then had a good race at Arena to claim the PRI version.
Can't say I've gone crashing quite as much as I hoped, but theres time for that to change...well...maybe not!
What did you think of the new World Qualifying format - a WQ race a meeting rather than 5 rounds?
I quite liked the new format, means that even if you aren't that good but turn up every week and score consistently you still have the opportunity to qualify. Or if you're like Gazmo, can turn up, win 6 of them and disappear again Razz
There's a fair amount of pressure in the early meetings to do well just to get off to a good start else in the last few meetings you'll be after quite a few points and panicking.
Also it means you dont have to be good on just 5 tracks in 3 classes...due to the variations in meetings. I'll shut up now, am waffling.
Think my race is likely to be rather pants, I tend to end up getting stuck in random pileups, which this year it sounds like there'll be plenty! Not sure what I'm using yet, we'll see what turns/turned up at Ipswich before I make a decision too...
Predicted top 3?
MikeyG, Hodgie, DannyG, no particular order.

151 Dode - George Alexander - 2nd in World Qualifying Points

Previous TNB World Finals: 1 (2008)
WQ Points: 169
This will be Dode's first complete season on TNB after being allowed back from his life ban, and he's wasted no time in making his mark.
Dode lead the World Qualifying points for the majority of the season, only losing it to Ryano in the very last few weeks of the run. Dode also has a comfortable lead in the National Points at time of writing, and it's fair to say he won't be letting Ryano close the gap in these last few weeks if he can help it.
Future National Points Champion aside, it's a surprise Dode hasn't won anything major this season on TNB. He's top scored for a lot of meetings and clocked up a fair few final wins, but nothing of particular note. Could Dode claim the big one at Wimbo, or will he get stopped like in most other big races on TNB this year? Usually favouring the Supra these days due to their durability, I can't see the World Final being any different.

Been a bit quiet but good.
It's been a good format, works well.
No idea, what will be will be.
Predicted top 3?
223 713 15

177 Dalags - Mark Summersbee - Joint 3rd in World Qualifying Points

Previous TNB World Finals: 4 (2011/12/13/14)
Best finish: 14th in 2011
WQ Points: 139
Turning it within the first few laps will likely be the game plan for Lags if he sticks to the usual strategy. As always, Dalags has been heavily involved in the action this season, with focuses on the Blue Crew as of late, with it kicking off big time at FNB's Granada meeting and MNR's World Cup recently.
He's managed to keep up in World Qualifying and National Points and has clocked up 4 Final wins this year, so knows how to race when needed. But as we've come to expect, World Final races aren't ones where many laps are completed by Dalags.

Online's been alright. Was glad to retain the TNB team points at Mildenhall recently. Feuding with Blue Crew has been alright lately too.
Reaching the 1000th meeting milestone and racing every car in game has dampened my enthusiasm a little bit, feel like I've done everything now. Went mental releasing new cars and tracks at the start of this year which has also took it's toll.
Just enjoying having a break from online racing all the time and mainly running TNB for the time being.
It has it's positives and negatives. The biggest negative is that it sort of encourages people to bring roddy cars to every meeting? A revamp where there is reward for attendance is something I'd like to do, but I haven't thought of any system that's not overly complicated yet.
I prefer having to do well all year, rather than at designated WQ meetings like in the past though.
Don't like Wimbo for racing round at all, so I'll keep up the tradition of spending the race facing the wrong way.
Predicted top 3?
Hell of a lot of targets in this race, so might be a job to keep on top of everyone. In no particular order my ideal top 3 would probably be 15, 606, 713 - but I'm expecting this to be a lively race so there could be some surprises.
If we keep running the World Final at Wimbo we'll probably all die in a few years due to the asbestos.

269 MikeyG - Michael Goatley - Joint 3rd in World Qualifying Points

Racing online since: 2012
Previous TNB World Finals: 1 (2014)
Best finish: 9th in 2014
WQ Points: 139
Joint 3rd in the World Qualifying points is MikeyG. Without a doubt one of the most competitive drivers in the race, Mikey took the win at the Armadale Season Opener and has taken a couple of other Final wins too. Currently sits in a comfortable 3rd position in the National Points, Mikey isn't usually one to turn around when the going gets tough.
A good car choice will be key to getting through the gaps in the later stages, especially if he's on anyones target lists. A driver definitley capable of a top position.

I think my racing season has been my best yet, I seem to be doing well in the points on both DBL and TNB and I have had quite a lot of final wins, but I always seem to be one short in the championship races haha. Hopefully luck will be on my side and I will go one better in the World Final.
I liked the idea of a WQ race each meeting it gives more drivers a chance of qualifying and stops drivers just turning up for WQ meetings!
I have no idea, I will give it my best shot either way.
Predicted top 3?
It could be anyone's really but I reckon Ryano, Dode, Lee - (In no particular order!)

606 Lee Gibson

Racing online since: 2006
Previous TNB World Finals: 7 (2006/07/08/10/11/13/14)
Best finish: 3rd in 2008 and 2014
WQ Points: 95
Current TNB titles: Pre'70 World, European, English
Mr.TNB has had a blinding year, clocking up 3 major titles. Most notably the Pre'70 World, which will probably go down as one of the most unpredictable last laps this year, with half the field on opposite stopping the leading pack and cars everywhere!
A good 44 points down in the WQ table from 3rd, due to a gap of 7 weeks mid season, but still a fairly solid WQ score.
Winning this would definitely be the pinnacle of Lee's online career, and without any obvious enemies on paper, he probably stands his best chance yet.

Pretty good thanks. I've had my best season ever in 9 years winning 3 major TNB titles, Pre70 World,European & English so I'm rather chuffed! Most of the year I've been up the sharp end or thereabouts. I've also managed to do more meetings on other leagues this year than I normally would.
I don't like it. The reason being it basically resembles the National Points table but on a smaller scale. We should go back to dedicated WQR meetings on a variety of tracks. If you want to race the biggest meeting of the year then you make the effort to do the WQR meetings. So long as we have some non pointers the meetings won't be roddy.
Erm, difficult to say because anything can happen. If you get a decent start and stay on the lead lap then you have a good chance but damaged wheels, too many head ons leading to rad or getting caught up with a numpty that fucks you up by doing something stupid could all end your race easily. I'm hoping to have a good race with the guys that you know you can go side by side with for laps on end, but we'll see.
Predicted top 3?
In no order 760,151 & 223.
But I also wanna say 177 & 998!
Yes! Thanks to everyone that's supported and raced TNB this year. Thanks to everyone that's helped out, Dalags, Snakie & the rest of the admin team. It's good to know that the league is still going strong and attracting great numbers every week. Hopefully you'll have a good world final and here's to a cracking 2016 here at TNB! Smile

15 Hodgie - Daniel Hodgkiss

Racing online since: 2013
Previous TNB World Finals: 0
WQ Points: 92
Current TNB titles: British
Making his TNB World Final debut tonight is Hodgie. He's had a mixed year, enjoying various degrees of success. There have been plenty of major races with Hodgie doing well in only to get ruined in the closing stages. Most notably the Euro, in which he lead 18 laps but ended up 9th. Winning the British at Aldershot made up for this though in a very close race.
Well known for being a clean racer, which may play to his benefit when inevitable wars kick off.

Decent, I've enjoyed my first full season and even managed to win a couple of championships
Not sure what it was like last year but the WQ's have been hectic but decent races
Hopefully I can finish in a decent position but knowing my luck it won't work out that way, but should be a good race
Predicted top 3?
269 760 606
Good luck everyone in the race

1 Freddie - Frederik Leysen

Previous TNB World Finals: 2 (2013/14)
Best finish: 7th in 2013
WQ Points: 79
Over the past couple of years, Freddie has become a well established force to be reckoned with on the rodding front. Got well involved in the action this year warring with Dumbo on TNB and on other leagues.
Definitely capable of taking the title, as we saw last year where he won the DBL equivalent in an unforgettable evening of action on and off the track!
A top 5 finish sounds realistic if Freddie can find the right gaps and avoid cars on oppo! A top finish is very likely for Freddie.

I've always enjoyed TNB one of my favourite Leagues together with DBL of course
Think this system is better, now you need to race every week to be qualified not only the the 5 rounds so prefer this system
My race, difficult. Sure I would like to drive a good result but it Will be difficult for me i'll be happy with top 5
Predicted top 3?
Mikey 269, Ryano 760, Aff 740
This year was for me special, driving with a gold roof and Maybe who knows, I can drive with it next year lol, just want to thank you and lee for running TNB and of course Snakie, for helping me out with DBL without him I couldn't do it !

713 Snakerider - Jeroen Pieters

Racing online since: 2009
Previous TNB World Finals: 3 (2012/13/14)
Best finish: 1st in 2013
WQ Points: 74
Snakie's had a fairly steady season this year, staying pretty consistent in the points whilst keeping out of trouble. A previous winner of this event in 2013, Snakie has just the Plough Lane Classic and Team Points to his name this year.
Having no real enemies out there could be an advantage if things get messy on the bends, Snakie is a popular driver and a solid bet for a top position now he uses more sensible rodding machinery! A driver that keeps on going till the end.

Not the best season for me with less final wins the last year and less points, still in the top 10 national points at DBL & TNB so not to bad either.
I'm fine with it, regular racers are more likely to qualify than the gold seekers.
Going on the national world final first half perfect, second half just bad luck but don't think it will go the same.
Predicted top 3?
Tough one, any order for Lee606, Frediecast1 or Ryano760, but many others got a chance

267 DannyG - Danny Grady

Racing online since: 2009
Previous TNB World Finals: 4 (2011/12/13/14)
Best finish: 4th in 2014
WQ Points: 69
Current TNB titles: World Cup
We've seen a little less of Danny this year, and who can blame him after dominating last years National Points. Proving he's not lost his touch, Danny won the World Cup up at Newtongrange earlier this year and has scored fairly consistently all year remaining high up in all points tables.
Certainly not one to shy away from the action by any means, but it can be assumed Danny will be aiming for a good finish. One of the most slippery drivers online, always managing to find the gaps and quickly recover, a top 5 finish is well within reach for Danny.

Yeah not bad really, haven't raced that much realistically due to having laptop problems at the start of the year when I was leading the points & having a good battle with Dode, qualified well on top though so can't complain, I've only really done MNR not done much on there just turn up and rod/wreck whichever I fancy.
I suppose the new format isn't bad really, I'm easy though.. Just go with whatever lol.
I'll more than likely start to rod then see how it goes, don't think I have any sort of grudge held on me or I have no grudge on anyone either. Bar Matt, he just doesn't like me winning at all so I should look out for him. The melt  
Predicted top 3?
No particular order - 223, 151, 760
Beers and Bangers
KFC Tech

226 Smithy - Karl Smith

Racing online since: 2011
Best finish: 2nd in 2014
WQ Points: 65
The current FNB World Champion has been in the thick of the action this year with his fellow Blue Crew drivers. Karl impressed by getting 2nd in the TNB World last year on his main race debut, and then winning FNB's version, months later; Karl certainly knows his way around Wimbo.
Having team mates on hand would play an advantage if there weren't so many rivals in the race. Normally a fair shout for the win, but I can see Karl getting stuck in during this one.

Not my best season really but having a war with a couple of teams has probably made it one of my most interesting seasons so far, had a couple of months out due to computer issues but managed to score well early on in the season and still qualify comfortably for the World Final.
I like it, gives you more of a chance if you have other commitments, rather than missing a whole meeting of points if you couldn't attend a meeting, you'd only miss one race and it meant it was easier for you to keep up points wise if you missed a few fixtures.
Not very well haha, current wars will certainly play a part this year, probably even effect other drivers races around it all too, could be interesting though.
Predicted top 3?
Ryano 760, Gaz998 and Snakie713
Just good luck to those taking part really.

41 FJ - John Ainsworth

Best finish: 10th in 2014
WQ Points: 64
Bit of an underdog is FreeJohn, has been racing years but not really one to pick up the big titles. More known for enjoying himself, having a crash, and turning out well presented cars in his unique style. Could may well provide a surprise for us in the race, he's another clean racer without many enemies, so a top 10 finish is pretty likely if he puts his mind to it.
Not too bad, just doing the meetings I want to this year.
Was better, stopped people just turning up for WQR points nights, so upped the numbers for all meets.
Never know, see how long my luck lasts on the night.
Predicted top 3?
Ryano, Dode maybe Freddie.

390 Dazza - Dan Stacey

Previous TNB World Finals: 2 (2012/13)
Best finish: 2nd in 2012
WQ Points: 63
Likely to be Jag powered, Daz makes his 3rd appearance in the TNB World. Daz won FNB's 2013 season equivalent last year and has won plenty of other big titles over the years. Can effectively get through the gaps and avoid those on oppo when he means business and can always garuntee on him being quick. Can recover quickly from being taken out, but if someone he doesn't want winning is up there he won't mind turning around to get rid of them.
Would be a very good bet for a top 5 finish.

Its not gone too bad considering, especially when I hadn't even considered racing at all at the start of the year
It's good because it stops people just turning up to race the WQ meetings but at the same time its harder because you have to race every single week and not everyone can do that.
My race will probably go the way it normally goes, I'll be there or there abouts before somebody decides to turn round and stop me.
Predicted top 3?
760 606 223 in that order.
Not a lot really, just may the best man win, and fingers crossed it's a good fair race.

919 Cooley - Liam Cooley

WQ Points: 58
Another making their TNB World Final debut is Cooley. A driver that's always more or less up there, but never seems to win anything major, mainly due to being stopped.
If Cooley manages to stay out of trouble whilst other drivers are dealing with other feuds, then a top position could be in sight for Liam. It very much depends on how occupied the drivers on oppo are. There have been plenty races where Cooley's gotten into the lead but have then been taken out. A lot will come down to luck, and the rest down to staying out of trouble.

223 Sam Gibson

Racing online since: 2011
Best finish: 8th in 2014
WQ Points: 57
Sam's been racing a while now, and in the last couple of years has really become known as one of the more popular cleaner racers. Very quick on the right day in the right car; moreso in 2Litres than in Unlimiteds it has to be said, but will be sure to give rodding this one a go.
Has turned out some stunningly painted cars this year for himself and others, and it's to be expected his World Final motor will be no different.

Quality racing all year
Good, makes a difference to other leagues.
Predicted top 3?
No predictions,could be anyone's who turns up
Ippy all in.

348 The Boss - Simon Vincent

Racing online since: 2009?
Previous TNB World Finals: 2? (2010/11)
Best finish: 10th in 2011 and 2010
WQ Points: 54
2015 saw the return of Boss after an online absence of 3 years, and the Blue Crew driver wasted no time in getting involved in some savage on track affairs with new and old rivals. Usually opting for a more modern Merc Estate lately rather than traditional Granadas, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him in a Merc, or even something larger depending on his intentions.
The temptation of a crash will surely rule out Boss for a top finish, but he's a driver who will be sure to affect the results in one way or another due to his unpredictability. Certainly a driver all should watch out for.

This is my first year back after a 3/4 year break, and wasn’t really planning on it being permanent! However, the welcoming party did such an amazing job that I decided to stay Smile
With all the wars going on (some old feuds resumed, and some new ones started!), I really wasn’t expecting much, but I have a great team around me (Craig, Smithy, South, Danny G and Mikey G) and we have all helped each other out this year across the leagues.
It’s safe to say my first season back has been ‘lively’, and long may it continue!!!
What year did you start racing online?
I am not really sure, I think it was about 2009 (may actually have been earlier), but I know it was a non ford meeting at Arena Essex for the Terry Skeef Memorial on UKDirt!
I like it. Not everybody can race at all the WQ rounds, and not everybody can be on form at a specific meeting. This way it gives everybody a much fairer chance of scoring points and making the main race.
Do you really need to ask?
Predicted top 3?
In no particular order; 151, 760 and 998, In all fairness, it is anybodies. With all the predicted carnage that will be going on, anybody who manages to get past is in with a chance. However, I do know who WON’T be winning…
Rem, thanks to everyone that’s made this season fun and (apart from one or two) to everyone that has taken the crashing in good spirits. Thanks again to my team mates.
Oh, Teeksy, you won’t be winning bud, so don’t even bother… Much Love, Boss xx

108 South - Mark Humberstone

Racing online since: 2010
Previous TNB World Finals: 3 (2011/12/13)
Best finish: 1st in 2011
WQ Points: 51
The final Blue Crew member on the grid, South joins us for his 4th World Final appearance. South is a former winner of this event, he took the gold in a Crown 4 years ago in one of the liveliest World Finals in TNB history. Back then, South was known for being one of the fastest out there, but nowadays he's more known for causing a stir by having a crash. Like other Blue Crew members, he'll be sure to have his targets picked out from the start and will certainly be focussed on causing mayhem on the bends.

Personally been loving it, got a few wars and crash individuals going on, keeping me busy, not won much, but haven't really rodded many.  
Much prefer it, only get people turning up for big meets, so this gives chance to the newer drivers to have a chance to get some points if they race regular that is, also if you only have 4/5 rounds and people can't make 2/3 of them, normally they would have trouble getting in
Not expecting anything other then being snapped, I'll be a target, like wise I'll be out their targeting too, bring it on!
Predicted top 3?
I think there'll be alot of changing going on in the top 5, Can see 6/7 drivers right up there, it's 3 to choose from so in alphabetical order Dode, Gaz and Mikey
Good luck to all, make it count!!

400 Dippy - Danny Potts

Racing online since: 2004
Previous TNB World Finals: 1? (2014)
Best finish: 7th in 2014
WQ Points: 50
One of the longest serving online racers, Dippy is one of the more deserving drivers on the grid. Winning 3 Finals this season on TNB, the Levellers pilot has had a steady season across the leagues. Hasn't been too involved on the action front like we'd seen in previous years, which could be an advantage. A few Levellers guests out there with him could also be handy should any of them get stopped and go wrecking. Despite experimenting a bit with car choice lately, having stuck with Granadas and Supras for a while, it's fair to guess Dippy will be piloting a trusty Mk1!

I have not had a bad season by my standards, I've gone for the racing side of it this year, last year I annoyed myself getting involved in the crashing and spoiling my own races. Still had a few good battles with people this season. Recently not had chance to race much due to work commitments but race when I can.
It was a different way of doing it, don't mind trying something new, but for those that may of had a bad race on a night hasnt helped them qualify for the World Final.
For me... the same as every main race for me seems to go, good couple of laps then it all goes tits up and I'm struggling at the back haha! No doubt it will be a hectic race.
Predicted top 3?
Tough one really, 15, 267, 177
Thanks for taking the time to do the previews and your continued effort with the Online Bangers.

213 Matt Bowen

Best finish: 18th in 2014
WQ Points: 47
Matt always seems to be lurking just under the top few, but rarely breaking though for the win. Could certainly provide a surprise at some point, but for now he can usually be found in the thick of the action. Turning around and make sure certain drivers aren't going to win will likely be Matt's priority rather than doing well. He's another driver who's been focussing on feuding with the Blue Crew for a big chunk of the season, but anyone who's trying to rod should be cautious when passing Matt as he has been known to miss his targets and ruin unwary drivers!

Good season, more decent finishes, scored decent points and haven't had to do last chances 'cuz I've got enough points
WQ is good but I'd prefer 2 WQ races and 2 National Points
I'll be on oppo after 5 laps lol
Predicted top 3?
760 15 693
Nout else to say other than I don't want Blue poo to win!

998 Gaz - Garrie Mirza

Previous TNB World Finals: 2? (2011/12)
Best finish: 4th in 2011
WQ Points: 43
Only WQ scoring 6 times and not racing an online points meeting since late March, Gaz hasn't been seen much online in the later half of the season. It matters not, Gaz is probably the fastest driver in the history of Heat. A threat in any race he's in, he's won FNB's World Final previously plus many other titles across the years. Guesting with Blue Crew at the last team round, it's yet to be seen if Gaz will stick with them at normal meetings. Only a fool would rule out Gaz to win this, if he shows up that is!

693 Teeksy - TJ Bailey

WQ Points: 32
Teeksy made it in by the skin of his teeth, only scoring 4 times and out scoring Ludd by 1 point at the final WQ round! Despite his appearances being extremely sporadic up until this year, he's won his fair share on other leagues this year, helped undoubtedly by being part of the solid Damage Inc team.
Getting stuck in with the Blue Crew is a garuntee; looking to be extremely outnumbered in this race but he'll definitley make his presence known in his TNB World Final debut.
Usually quiet on race nights, but has used this chance to air his thoughts on his first full years racing

This probably makes up for me not saying anything all year haha
Well this is my first full season on Banger Heat and I would say it's gone quite well. I've qualified for the MNR, DBL & TNB World's and I think I'm doing alright in the FNB WQ Points. When I first started I was quite a disliked driver. I think this was mainly because I was new, fast and on Tytey's setups. However I would say I'm probably even more disliked now haha. I don't know whether that's because I don't say much during meetings, whether It's because I'm in orange or if people just don't like me or my driving but I never moan about anything and just try to enjoy myself. I would much rather have a clean race with people but with certain drivers on Heat that's just not possible.

I didn't start doing TNB until about halfway through the season but I have really enjoyed it and it's my favourite league by far. I had some quite good meetings to start with scoring some decent points but over the most recent weeks I've been more focused on our ongoing feud with the Blue Crew. I haven't scored many points since it kicked off between us but I have enjoyed it and there is no moaning from either sides most of the time which is good.
Being by myself at the majority of TNB meetings has made it a lot more interesting. I usually end up getting proper snapped off but it's all good fun at the end of the day and if I do manage to get a place with them out there it means a bit more to me than winning a race because 409 & 687 are on oppo Wink
DBL is a league I would like to do more but due to college it's just not possible hence why I raced a lot in the Summer and managed to win the European Championship which is my best achievement on Heat. I also won the MNR Figure Of 8 World but I don't really count that because it was a shit race if I'm gonna be honest.
FNB is another league I enjoy however the lack of numbers put me off most weeks although as long as there is 1 Blue Crew Car I'm guarenteed to have a good crash.

This may come as a surprise to a lot of people but I really don't enjoy MNR despite leading the points. (Sorry Mushy)
The league started off well but this whole saga surrounding Damage Inc has kind of ruined it in my opinion. At the end of the day we're in a team and if one of us isn't up there of course we're going to try and help our team mates out. But for some reason people felt as though being in orange meant you could do anything and yes I agree on most leagues Me and my teammates would probably of been banned for some of our actions at certain meetings but on MNR they let it go. Although there are many other drivers not in orange who have been allowed to infield/pin etc. So I don't see the problem. Had others been banned and we had been let off I would get where people are coming from, and don't get me started on the oppo on the straight rule. I think it's a ridiculous rule and I'm not just saying that because I'm a rodder Wink It takes no skill and it's always the same useless people doing it in shit cars even if your in 12th place 2 laps down.
It's different which makes it good in my opinion. It gets a little boring if every league is the same. I think it rewards the best drivers and if you've managed to qualify you've earnt your place and deserve to be there.
Well I'm in orange, so I don't rate my chances but I'll still give it a go. Boss mentioned upsetting someone in Orange and at the moment I'm the only DInc member in the main race. However there is 3 of them and 1 of me so if they stop me I wouldn't class it as an upset Wink I'll rod till I can't win then I'll turn my attentions to the Blue Crew. If none of them are up there I have a few other rivals I could upset on the night. Either way it's the best league with the best drivers so it'll be a proper, fast, savage final and whoever wins it will deserve the gold roof.
Predicted top 3?
Most could win it but if i had to pick a top 3 I would say 760, 151, 606
Thanks to Tytey for doing my TNB World Car and for helping me get started on heat.
Also thanks to anyone who hosts or runs leagues.
Last but not least. JWhight - stop racing as the essex lot, you don't help our reputation Wink (Also 549's The Man)
=======================================

So those are all the qualifiers. Plenty of potential for warring to affect the result, last years main race was commented on as being fairly quiet on the action front, but that looks set to change this year.
There's just 1 LCQ place available, unless we need to split. There'll be plenty of good drivers in there who have the potential to do well, Brad's won nearly every LCQ this year for other main races so would be a solid bet. Ludd, Wizard, Mushy, XTX, Weasel, Lennon, Lurch, Tilson are all other stand out names who haven't qualified, even Moaty and Chanty have been on the pace lately, just missing the qualifying points cut off - and you never know which glory hunters will turn up on the night! It'll certainly be a hard fought race.

Most predicted drivers to get a top 3 position:
760 (12 predictions)
151 (7 predictions)
606 (6 predictions)
15 (5 predictions)
269, 998 (4 predictions)
223, 713 (3 predictions)
1 (2 predictions)
740, 267, 177 (1 prediction)

TNB Wimbledon Unlimited World Final Roll of Honour
2015______________
2014 Affro 740
2013 Snakie 713
2012 Damo 127
2011 South 108
2010 HaaDee 321
2009 Ryano 760
2008 Jay 297
2007 Cal 317
2006 Ernie Jr 523
2005 JackW 555
2004 Marcy 133

Coming up on TNB:
Still plenty of big meetings to look forward to on TNB before the main seasons break.
The first of which is the Team Finals on the 5th October, which will be in a standalone meeting for the first time. The meeting is to be decided by the Bruisers team who top scored in the team series. A 4 way head to head will be the main event, which will have the top 4 scoring teams: Bruisers, Team Green, Orange Squash and Levellers. More details to be announced nearer the time.
The Newtongrange Unlimited National Championship is the week after for the top 22 in the National Points. Always a lively event at one of the most brutal tracks online.
Champion of Champions at Birmingham on the 19th November concludes the main season of big events which will feature all Final winners of the 2015 season, top 4 from tonights Wimbo World, team points champions, and defending CoC champion.

15/10/15 Unlimited World Final
22/10/15 Workington Unlimited World Revenge
29/10/15 Aldershot New Halloween Havoc (Hearses, Flowercars and Ambulances) (*last chance to score National points*)

5/11/15 Non Points Standalone Team Finals (Meeting decided by top scoring team)
12/11/15 Newtongrange Unlimited National Championship
19/11/15 Birmingham Champion of Champions
26/11/15 Smeatharpe 2L Winter Open

3/12/15 Barford Micros
10/12/15 Wembley Unlimited
17/12/15 Unlim + 2L Pairs Championship
24/12/15 Snowke Unlimited Christmas Crash Up
31/12/15 -No meeting-
Dalags
Star Grade
Star Grade

View user profile